Monday 5 March 2012

Our Group Language Game - The Odd One



For our group, we have chosen a game entitled "The Odd One". The aim of this game is to challenge the participants in identifying the odd object among those which displayed on screen. Therefore, in order to make this game more fun, we have used the bid concept. There were four groups who will be involved in this game. Each group will be given ten sweets. Next, each group has to bid any numbers of sweet that they would like to bid for each question chosen. Apart from that, each group will have the chance to choose any numbers of questions from the box which contains 20 numbers of questions. Then, the organizer will click on the box in the main slide which containing the selected number that will link to the question. Each correct answer will worth the same amount of number of sweets that have been bid. For example, if the group bid ten sweets for the selected question and they are able to answer the question correctly, then, the group will get another ten sweets from the game officer. However, if the group is giving the wrong answer, then, the game officer will take the sweet that have been bid. The group with the highest number of sweets collected will be declared as the winner of the game. The winner of this game goes to Hubert’s group which has collected the highest number of sweets. From this game, I can see that all my classmates are really cooperating with each other throughout the game. For sure, they did it for fun. Most of the questions are not too hard and suitable for our level. But, I’m sure that all groups will find it’s hard to spot the odd one since all the options are close to each other in term of their word stem but may differ in term of word classes, meaning and usage when we add affixes on it.

Apart from that, I also enjoy the other language games which carried out by the other group. Among of those language games, I think that the best language games will goes to Normaliza’s and Hubert’s groups as their games are very challenging and creative. For Normaliza’s group, they have variety of games which will not make the participants get bored easily and most of the questions are based on the diagrams which also play the important role in attracting the player’s attention. Meanwhile, for Hubert’ group, I am very interested with their game’s concept and questions are suitable with our level. Besides, they also used the bid concept for their game and I can see all the players are really enjoyed the game so much.  But, the other groups also did great effort for their language games and I am really enjoyed with the games which carried out by each group.

For this activity, I think that I have learned much from it in term of how to handle a game, attract the player’s attention, and arrange the order of each question according to its level. Other than that, those language games also give me lot ideas for me to design the languages games for my future lesson with my students when I am having my practical session and being a teacher in future.

That’s all from me. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment