Saturday 4 February 2012

Mime Story

Our group has done a mime story which entitled "X Factor Audition". Actually, I found that it was not easy to create a mime story which can be understood by the audience. It took skills and lot of body languages and of course facial expression also play the major role too. In other word, talking is not necessary in making a mime story, it is all about our body language and how we able to make it funny so that the audience will not get bored easily while watching it.  We also have asked for the other group's help in the process of making this mime story. Apart from that, we also took several scenes and made preview on it in order to improve it. We have done some preparations before we started the shooting session. The preparations were including the making of props, the costumes and camera that will be used during the shooting session and session. Overall, we took almost 2 hours to complete the shooting session and edit the video scenes. For my group, I also enjoyed watching it as there is also a few funny scenes that will make you non-stop laughing if you watch it for several times. I love the scenes where the Priscilla and Nickelson are having their audition sessions. I never saw Priscilla dancing like that before. I also love the part in where Nickelson's voice are turn into horrible voice which is not his real vocal while he is having his audition. The sound effect also plays the important role in making the mime story more lively. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt thank to my  group members for the ideas that we shared and cooperation while we are producing this mime story.


Seriously, editing process is not easy as I thought as we need to make sure that the audios used are match with the scenes. Apart from that, sometimes, we need to publish it for several times as almost every time we finished publishing it, then, a new mistake is detected while we are previewing it. It comes to worst when we couldn't locate the folder of video scenes that we have taken. Fortunately, we managed to locate it after searching folder by folder. I couldn't imagine how was my feeling at that moment. I almost gave up and I also can see the expression of my group members at that moment who were hoping the folder comes out quickly by itself as we don't have time to shoot for another time. Therefore, moral of the story will be that we must be careful while storing any important items so that we are able to locate whenever we look for it. 


The moment that I can wait was waiting for the presentation of the mime stories from every groups. Honestly, I felt very excited and enjoy laughing when I was watching each mime stories as it was a lot of surprises and I am proud of my classmates for their wonderful talent in acting. Humour is the main ingredient in the production of mime story. I'm sure that each of us will agree with it. Let's take an example. We watch "Mr. Bean" movie as it contains a lot humour and exaggeration and the body languages with the facial expression that make the story more lively which do not make us feel boring even we watch it for several times. If we look at the actor, Rowan Atkinson who acts as Mr. Bean, he always do something that extraordinary that the audience did not expect. Of course some of the scenes may not logic if we compare to real life. Therefore, the mime story sometimes need to include some exaggeration and non-logical elements so that it will look more interesting. Let's take one example, if we watch the mime story which is produced by Huber's group, we can see those elements within the story. For example, if you still remember the scene where Huberts was bullied by Hishafinaz and Khairunnisa, it is impossible to Hishafinaz and Khairunnisa to beat Hubert who are bigger than their sizes. However, they manage to make the audience laugh and this means that those elements are necessary in producing a mime story. If we exchange their characters, in which Hubert turns into gangster who beats Hishafinaz and Khairunnisa, then, it will become a common thing. I enjoyed watching their mime story as it was really funny and you will never thought how was Hubert act like a small kid in that story.


I think Lydia's group has done a great job as they able to make the audience non-stop laughing along the screening of their mime story since their actions are very funny. They have impressed me with their talents. I can say that my classmates are good in acting as they are able to perform or act in any situation given. No much of us will be able to act like small kids. This also indirectly gives me several ideas which may be useful for me one day in my career as a teacher. Miming appears very simple but it takes a lot of skill and practice to make it appear realistic. Mime study can be very useful, not only for actors and other performers, but for anyone who needs to communicate clearly.


I still remember that one of English language teacher in SM Sains Kuching, Miss Rabiah ever said that a teacher must be perform everyday. This means that a teacher should be able to act and perform so that the students will interested towards our teaching and learning activities. However, the most important thing is that the story that we would like to tell the audience must contain moral values which are able to influence the audiences after watching it.


But, acting is not easy as we thought. No wonder the international actor and actress are paid with high price as it was equitable with their talents. Miming appears very simple but it takes a lot of skill and practice to make it appear realistic. Mime study can be very useful, not only for actor sand other performers, but for anyone who needs to communicate clearly

As conclusion, I would like to congrate every group for the excellent mime stories and I hope we could find another time to watch them together again. That's all. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment